With an internal pump, the XT II allows anyone performing manhole entry (or similar work) to sample remote areas before entry (via the use of a sampling hose found in the Confined Space Kit).
Featuring four gas sensors, the GasAlert Max Detector can monitor hydrogen sulfide (H2S), carbon monoxide (CO), oxygen (O2) and the lower explosive levels (%LEL) - a variety of dangerously combustible/flammable and explosive gases.
A large, bright LCD screen displays the levels of each gas present in the atmosphere, as well as battery levels and pump activity. The GasAlert Max XT II is one of the easiest ways to ensure on-site safety in the confined space industry.
Simple one-button operation - easily used by industrial workers wearing appropriate safety gloves - greatly reduces the training time for the end user while still allowing access to all the important information on this handheld gas monitor.
Three types of alerts provide a suitable alarm for all kinds of work environments: bright alert lights, a sonic alarm (95dB) and a vibration mode ensure that no matter where you are working, you will be alerted should any of the gases reach a dangerous level. On top of this, the GasAlert Max XT II sports a confidence beep that sounds at regular intervals, so you know that the monitor is functioning correctly.
These alerts can be tailored to your company's specific needs via the IR Connectivity Kit (part of the Confined Space Kit), which lets you adjust the Long Term Exposure Limits (LTW; ~8 hours), Short Term Exposure (STE) limits (5-15 minutes), as well as high/low levels for each gas.
All of this gas detection and sampling technology is built into this sturdy yet small device. It sports tough, concussion-proof housing which is IP66/67 rated for water-resistance, so you can be confident your investment in gas detection will last you for years to come.
Maintenance of the GasAlert Max from BW Technologies is a breeze: moisture and particle filters protect the sensors and can be easily monitored and changed via the built-in, easy-to-remove filter window.
The GasAlert Max XT II is fully compatible with the Micro Dock II which lets you retrieve data logs from each shift as well as adjust device settings and alert levels as needed. The tracking of gas levels, alerts and maintaining records of the OSHA standards is reliable and easy. The XT II is ideal for gas, sewer, oil rig or refinery workers, the armed services, mines or other confined space entry.
An optional accessory is the Confined Space Kit.
Also available as a separate item is the BW Calibration Gas.
- Size: 5.1 x 2.8 x 2.0 inc.
- Weight: 11.5 oz
- Temperature: -4 to 122 degrees F
- Alarms: Visual/Audible
- Typical battery life: 13 hours At 32 degrees F/ 8 Hours At -4 degrees F / recharges in 6 hours
- Pump Draw: Sample pump from up to 75 ft.
- Warranty: Full two year warranty including all sensors
H2S: 0-200PPM (measuring range), 1PPM (resolution)
CO: 0-000PPM (measuring range), 1PPM (resolution)
O2: 0-30.0 percent (measuring range), 0.1 percent (resolution)
Combustible Gases: 0-100 percent LEL (measuring range), 1 percent (resolution)
XT-XWHM-Y-NA (LEL, CO , H2S, O2)
|Product Weight (lbs.)||No|
|Ship Weight (lbs.)||2.1200|
|Gas Type||%LEL, O2, H2S, CO|
Perfect for our need Review by Chad H.
So far the item seems like it will work perfectly for what our need was. We have not had the opportunity to use it but plan on using it a lot in the spring. Thanks! (Posted on 3/14/2014)
Confined Space User Review by parkerhan
We use this unit in a powder-coat line. works real well right out of the box , no messes. (Posted on 3/11/2014)
Check items to add to the cart or select all
Regular Price: $1,620.00
Sale Price $1,435.00
- The BW GasAlert Max XT II has a replacement battery charger available. The GA-PA-1-NA is a 120V battery charger that fits with any wall outlet. This is the North American Version, though we also have European styles.
- The GasAlert Max XT II Kit Contains:
• GasAlert Max XT II 4-Gas Monitor, calibrated and ready to go
• IR Connectivity Kit to connect to your PC
• Fleet Manager software
• 0.5 Liter Per Minute constant flow regulator fro calibration gas
• 3 ft. (1 m) calibration hose with quick connect fitting
• 10 ft. (3 m) sampling hose with metallic particulate filter and quick connect
• 5 spare hydrophobic and particulate pump filters
• Sampling probe
• Reversible screwdriver
• Calibration certificate and manuals (hard copy quick start and full manual on CD)
• Hard-sided foam lined carrying case to hold everything listed above
- There are only 2 parts that could be faulty inside the instrument. Either the screen is defective or the PC Board is damaged. If the unit is less than 2 years old it may be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, exceptions are water damage or physical damage. I’ll be happy to check the serial number and confirm it’s still under warranty if you’re unsure. We’re a warranty service center here at PK Safety and can perform warranty repairs at no cost to you. In the even the unit isn’t covered under warranty we can provide you with and estimate to repair the monitor. When you’re ready to send the monitor please call us for and RMA number prior to shipping.
- It sounds like something did go wrong during the sensor swap. I suspect the screen came away from the main PCB at some point during the swap. There is a small, white, rectangular foam like piece that transfers the signal from the PC Board to the screen itself. It slots into an opening on the bottom of the screen and protrudes slightly. To the untrained eye it can easily be discarded as trash however it is needed. I suspect this piece has fallen out.
There are possibly a few other scenarios that may cause the same problem. I would be happy to talk you through the recommended steps. Please feel free to call us at 510-337-8880 for assistance. We’re a BW Warranty service center and will be happy to service your monitor if needed.
- The BW Honeywell GasAlert Max XT II has an internal sample draw pump. This diaphragm pump pulls air through clear Tygon tubing, usually supplied with the BW XT-CK-DL confined space kit. The rate of flow is approximately 1 foot per second. A 15 foot length of this hose would have about 15 seconds of lag before reaching the sensor. Once the sample arrives at the sensors, there is a reaction time to be considered. Industry standard is to measure the time it takes to achieve 90 percent of the final reading. This is expressed as T90, and in the case of the Max XT II, it is 35 seconds. The initial reading on the instrument will rise quite rapidly, but to get the full, true and accurate reading, we use T90. For our example of a 15 foot sampling hose, we could confidently predict 50 seconds for an ‘accurate’ reading. In practice, you should be very close to accurate in substantially less time.
- On start up, the CO, H2S and LEL sensors should be reading 0, with the O2 Sensor reading 20.9% in fresh air. The BW GasAlert Max XT II, with its internal sample draw pump, then pulls sample air across the sensors. The intended use for the instrument is in confined space entry, though other uses do come up regularly.
The LEL (explosive gas) sensor in the Max XT II will not function in an inert environment, as it uses a catalytic bead sensor, which requires oxygen to function. If this is the use that you have in mind, you will need to use an IR (infra red) sensor to measure LEL. This type of combustible sensor does not require oxygen to make measurements.
- We do have the GA-BXT concussion proof boot for the Max XT II available as a separate item. They are in stock.
- Most likely you need a new Oxygen sensor. If the monitor has been dropped or wet that would do it too. If the monitor is brand new it could be a manufacturing defect. 95% of the time a new sensor fixes the problem.
- Yes. The maximum length of hose for the Max XT II is 65 ft. Using a longer hose, allow about a second per foot for the air sample to reach the monitor.
- The regulator needed is the BW demand flow regulator. Part number BW01-REG-DF-1. Current price is $360.00.
- The GasAlert Max XT II comes with the following:
Manual (in hard copy and dvd)
5 replacement filters for the pump
One replacement filter for the end of the hose
One 3 ft. piece of clear hose with unit connector
One 10 ft. piece of clear hose with unit connector
- It sounds like there is a leak somewhere in between the pump inlet and the pump itself. First try replacing the filters if they are dirty the pump may be under too much strain. If replacing the filters doesn’t fix the problem it’s time to send the unit in for service. Here at PK Safety Supply we’re a factory authorized warranty repair center. Our typical turnaround time is just 24 hours and if the defect is covered under warranty it won’t cost you a penny! Please call today us to obtain an RMA.
- This Item: BW Honeywell GasAlert Max XT II Confined Space Monitor XT-XWHM-Y-NA
BW Honeywell GasAlert Max XT II Deluxe Confined Space Kit XT-CK-DL$421.00
French Creek 7' Tripod and 50' 3-Way Rescue Unit and Winch S50G-M7$2,596.00 As low as: $2,441.00
Total Price $3,797.00
Total Price Excl. Tax: $3,797.00 Incl. Tax: $3,797.00
Order $99 or more and we'll cover shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Most Items Ship Same Day
Order by 4pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday and we can usually ship your order the same day, unless there is a stated lead time. Call us before 6pm Eastern time at 800-829-9580 and we may be able to arrange to ship your item today.
Amazing Product Experts
Our people are the best in the industry. Give us a call at 800-829-9580.